Paypal here card reader wont connect to app anymore

AJ2631
Contributor
Contributor

So I went to a craft fair today and tried to log into the paypal here app so I could take a card payment. When I logged in, it told me that I needed to download the zettle app. I got that but it wont work with the existing card reader. So does that mean I can no longer use the card reader and have to buy a new one??? Plus the zettle app is asking all sorts of questions about my ''business'' which is isnt as I only use it for the craft fairs which is a hobby of mine. Im really unsure what to do and Im not very impressed that it looks like Im going to have to buy a new card reader from somewhere.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @AJ2631. I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your PayPal Here reader. It is true that PayPal has switched to Zettle as our Point Of Sale payment solution, and you will need to obtain a Zettle card reader if your PayPal Here reader is no longer working. Please check out https://www.zettle.com/gb for more information.

Regarding information PayPal must collect, I understand your point of view about what you're doing being a hobby, but our compliance obligations don't distinguish between that and a business. PayPal is required to collect information based on laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. My best suggestion is that you respond to any requests as best as possible.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

mktxsis
Contributor
Contributor
I used you to process cards because a) I didn't have to pay $80 for a reader and b) I could process my phone orders. Now that you've taken that away, I will be going elsewhere. So frustrated. I already uninstalled PayPal Here trusting that Zettle would be similar. Ugh. Never again.
Login to Me Too

EricandTakiyah
New Community Member
Michael, I purchased the Pay Pal card reader last week. I don’t understand why Pay Pal is allowing continued sales of an obsolete Card reader. Is there any way I can exchange the Pay Pal reader towards the purchase of Zettle card reader?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @EricandTakiyah. That is a bit strange if you didn't already have a PayPal Here account that you were allowed to purchase a PayPal Here card reader. I apologize for any frustration this has caused.

To address the situation, I can only suggest that you log on to your PayPal account, click Contact at the bottom of any page, and then select the topic that best fits your concern. It will be necessary to work with a Representative via phone or chat to address your concern.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.