Paypal Tax Calculation

StefanoCasiragh
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community,

I am setting up my eshop, but I have no experience with Paypal. I will have to charge sales taxes in four different States. I am aware sales taxes may also change from county to county and from town to town. To be sure I will apply the correct rates – this is my understanding - I will have input them by the zip code, from the following page:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-sales-tax

However, that’s 4,000 zip codes. I believe there is an easier way to set up the different tax rates. Maybe an automated tool or maybe the possibility to upload a spreadsheet?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide me with.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @StefanoCasiragh!

Welcome to the PayPal Community. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. 

Reviewing your post, I understand you are having some trouble with setting up your PayPal account and understanding the tax requirements. To find information on taxes with PayPal, you may want to review our tax center here

I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If this does not assist, please reach out, so we can help you further.  You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Thank you!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.