Paypal.Me link generating with "null" instead of userID when first copied?

Verbannt

Hello,

I'm sorry I've never posted here before so I may be on the wrong board. Feel free to direct me elsewhere if needed 🙂

Earlier today my mother created a Paypal.Me link for the first time. She followed the steps and created a username, once finished, she hit the "copy" button to copy the link to her clipboard and sent it to the person she needed to receive payment from. When the link generated for the first time, it had "null" instead of her username in the address, which caused some confusion with the person who was trying to pay her, since it didn't link to her account properly.

The link generates fine now though, which makes me think it was probably caused by a brief error on paypal's end? Where the system wasn't able to return her username?

She did everything on a Samsung phone, if that's important at all.

We're both mostly just curious of anyone else has had this happen or why it would have happened to begin with. If I need to clarify anything, just let me know. I'd love to hear all your thoughts on the matter! 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

HI @Verbannt,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I do understand your concern. Based on what you have explained, it sounds like your mothers PayPal.me link was affected by a technical issue. This can happen from time to time when using online platforms. 

I will make sure to have this information escalated to the relevant team for review. Thank you so much for bringing this to PayPal's attention. 

I hope you have a lovely day!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.