Paypal 3- payment was taken twice (4 days apart)

karola8
New Community Member

HI there. I have purchased something using Paypal 3 on 7 January 2022. Payment was taken from my bank account, and then again, exactly the same amount on the 11th January 2022. Only one of those payments is showing in my PayPal, but I had money taken twice from my bank account. No other purchases were made using PayPal 3. I have no way of contacting PayPal, my enquiry doesn't seem to fit into the automatic messaging. I have opened a case but it was closed and unresolved. Can you advise something please? Thank you very much

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @karola8,

We're sorry to hear that you have some concerns with your PayPal Pay in 3 purchase. When making a purchase with PayPal Pay in 3, we will place a pre-authorisation hold on your chosen card for an amount equal to the initial payment or one third of your total purchase amount.  This will show as a pending authorisation in your PayPal account activity and also in the bank account of the card linked to your PayPal account.  Once you complete your purchase with PayPal Pay in 3 and the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorisation will be removed and the initial payment will be withdrawn from your card.  If you do not complete your PayPal Pay in 3 transaction, the pending authorisation will be automatically voided by PayPal within 24 hours of the pre-authorisation hold. If you have any addtional questions you can contact our Customer Support here.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.