Payment in 4 problem, too many on holds for uncompleted transactions

pmfa123
New Community Member

Hey, I need help! So it's my first time using the payment in 4 plan and it's been a HORRIBLE experience! I understand PayPal has to have my $ on hold before the completion of the transaction but it charged me thrice the amount (the payment did not go through the first time). When it finally completed the actual transaction, I paid for the amount due for the first instalment plan and all, but I still have the other three charges on hold in my account from the times it tried to do the original transaction. I tried contacting customer services and nothing. My Paypal account says they are still pending until completion but the original transaction has been already completed? I'm just very confused, I don't mind waiting to get my money back I just want reassurance that I'm getting it back lol. I would've paid for the whole thing instead of being in this mess 😞

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pmfa123 

Why is there a pending authorization shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 4 Transaction?

If you do not complete your Pay in 4 transaction, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorization hold.”

As a result the funds on hold will be released. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pmfa123 

Why is there a pending authorization shown in my PayPal activity for my Pay in 4 Transaction?

If you do not complete your Pay in 4 transaction, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorization hold.”

As a result the funds on hold will be released. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.