Paying for items

Denis1243
Contributor
Contributor

I have just bought an item and was going to pay by paypal in 3 payments, paypal have taken the 1st payment £642, but my bank in the meantime have paid for the item. how can I get my £642 back

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Heer_S
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Denis1243 

Thank you for the post. I understand you are concerned about the full payment made from the bank while you have opted to pay in 3. When you are opting to Pay in 3 on any purchase, there will be an authorization to the funding source with the full amount(it will just show up on statement but the payment will not get debited in full). You can check the running balance on the statement or contact the funding source. There is also a possibility that there is a duplicate payment which took from the bank as full. You can check this on the Activity section of PayPal or you can look for 2 confirmation emails received on the order(one for Pay in 3 and the other with full payment). For more help, please contact PayPal support.

Thank you.
Heer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.