PayPal in 4 has taken a payment for an order I didn't place.

DJBROJ
New Community Member

Hi all. Just wanted some clarity on an order I didn't place completely. I wanted to see how much a PayPal in 4 would take fortnightly if I did place the order but never went through with it. 

I woke up this morning to see that I've had $100 taken from my account and my PayPal transaction is pending with "This is a temporary authorisation to make sure your payment method can cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Pay in 4 completes your order." underneath.

What does this mean? Is this just confirming that I afford to make these payments or something? Will I get my money back? Because I don't actually want to place this order right now.

Thank-you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ali_3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @DJBROJ ,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize you have concerns regarding Pay in 4 and that one of the transactions is now pending. We'll place a pre-authorization hold on your account, and PayPal will normally void this automatically within 72 hours. Please learn more about it here. Also, you mentioned that this transaction was not placed by you. Here is some information on how to report an unauthorized transaction on your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps!

- Ali

Login to Me Too

phredmorris
New Community Member
Hi! i’m having this same issue! What should i do or steps i should take to get it resolved?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.