PayPal credit utterly confused?

Ad0rkz
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on 30 Aug 2021 via PayPal credit for £117.30 No interest for 4 months! I contacted PayPal to see about paying this off as i already have another purchase on an instalment plan with PayPal credit. I was told I cannot pay off this £117.30 until the purchase expires 01/01/22, then make payment after the following statement is issued on the 07/01/21. You will have 25 days to clear this purchase off interest free without your payment being allocated to your instalment plan. I’m checking this is correct because it says on my PayPal credit that I have to pay £117.30 by 01-Jan-2022 to avoid paying interest but according to the person I spoke to today from PayPal I can’t pay it off until after 1/1/22 and I have to wait for a statement to come before I can pay it off and have additional 25 days to clear it and still not pay interest. This doesn’t seem right but it’s my first time trying PayPal credit that’s interest free for a certain amount of time so want to make sure the information I was provided is indeed correct.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ad0rkz 

Perhaps this might clears thing up: read FAQ number 6 or better yet, read the entire “About PayPal Credit and Our Offers” section:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-virtual-credit/faq

Also read PayPal Credit UK agreement:

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/credit/contract

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ad0rkz
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply but nowhere says if I have to pay on or before 1/1/22 like my PayPal credit says OR like the person from PayPal told me today that I cannot even pay it off until after 1/1/22! I understand how my repayments are allocated it’s just when do I pay so I don’t end up paying interest. I tried to pay it off all in one today and was told I cannot even pay off my own debt until after 1/1/22 but my credit agreement says it has to be paid on the 1/1/22 to not end up paying interest. When I make further enquiries I get links to pages that tell me how my payments are taken but nothing saying I have to wait for a statement at the end of the interest free period before paying it all off but that’s what I was told today.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.