PayPal Credit

jschneider19561
New Community Member

I have PayPal Credit.   I have previously used this credit to pay for an educational program.    I have paid off the previous program and want to take another program.   How do link the PayPal Credit to my PayPal Account so that I can use the funds to pay for this program.   Does the PayPal Credit have a an expiration date or security code that needs to be used when using the funds?   Is this like a credit card.   I need help on how to be able to continue to use these funds.   

Do I get a credit card?  I do have a business credit card that I just received, can these funds be linked to my business debit card I just received.    

Need some guidance.    Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jschneider19561 

“How do link the PayPal Credit to my PayPal Account so that I can use the funds to pay for this program.”

PayPal Credit is already associated/linked with your PayPal Account once you’re approved for it and built into PayPal Checkout.

It’s a credit card without the card.

PayPal Credit may be offered to you as a funding source at during checkout after you log in.

It might not be available for every purchase though and PayPal Credit reserves the right to decline a transaction. 

Occasionally, PayPal Credit rescinds approval on a charge and puts it on your next available funding source even after if you used it at checkout so make sure your funding sources are an option prior to purchase.

An entire purchase must be charged in PayPal Credit, it can not be used in conjunction with other funding sources.

Does the PayPal Credit have a an expiration date or security code that needs to be used when using the funds? Is this like a credit card. Do I get a credit card?“

No. It is a PayPal branded exclusive ‘virtual’ credit line. It is not a Visa, MasterCard, etc so it wouldn’t have an exp date or 3 digit security code. Again, it is built into PayPal Checkout system and your PayPal account. A credit line without a card.

I do have a business credit card that I just received, can these funds be linked to my business debit card I just received.”

No. The PayPal Business Debit card draws from your PayPal balance. The back up source you can set up for the PayPal Business Debit card must be a bank account, used pay for purchases where the PayPal balance doesn’t cover entire purchase. It is recommended that you do not use the debit card while carrying a zero PayPal balance to avoid card declines.

To pay with PayPal Credit, just checkout with PayPal as usual and opt for the PayPal Credit option, where available.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.