PayPal Credit Profile Update

rehantn54
New Community Member

My phone number was hacked and ported out and my email address was hacked too.

I was able to react quickly and update my PayPal information and then went to PayPal Credit and updated my personal information by calling in as it was requesting me to send one-time code to old phone number that I no longer have access to.

After changing the information under Personal Information in PayPal Credit it shows the new email address and the correct new phone number that I provided.  But when I go to click "Edit PayPal Credit Profile" it was still showing last 4 of my old phone number to send the one-time code to, so I decided to wait 24 hours before checking again.  To my surprise, the last 4 digits of old phone number still showing but not just that it was now showing last 4 digit of another phone number that didn't reflect the new number that I called in to get updated and shows under Personal Information in PayPal Credit.

I tried calling PayPal and they told me it is not their issue and referred me to PayPal Credit (which is basically Synchrony Bank).  PayPal Credit aka Synchrony Bank is telling me they see the correct information and it is not an issue on their end and that I need to contact PayPal and that they do not have access to PayPal site.

I am at a lost as I am not sure what I can do at this point because PayPal keeps telling me it Is PayPal Credit and vise-versa, and even reporting that now I see a new phone number which doesn't belong to me in the one-time verification doesn't prompt immediate reaction from them.  I am finding this to be a negligence on PayPal side to provide identity protection to their customer.  I am not saying it was their fault that my number or email got hacked, but failing to update my information so the hacker can no longer able to retrieve my PayPal information now falls on them.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.