Pay in 3 Confusion

Temp20211224
Contributor
Contributor

I was buying something on Nike and selected PayPal as my payment method and tried PayPal pay in 3, I failed to complete the transaction thrice, I was successful the fourth time. So now the issue is that the money for the unsuccessful transaction was taken out of my bank as well as the successful one. When I check the activity in PayPal, all 4 transactions show up as 'pending'. Help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ Temp20211224,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I understand your concern about the Pay in 3 pending payment. When making a purchase with PayPal Pay in 3, we will place a pre-authorization hold on your chosen card for an amount equal to the initial payment or one-third of your total purchase amount. This will show as a pending authorization in your PayPal account activity and also in the bank account of the card linked to your PayPal account. Once you complete your purchase with PayPal Pay in 3 and the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorization will be removed and the initial payment will be withdrawn from your card. If you do not complete your PayPal Pay in 3 transactions, the pending authorization will be automatically voided by PayPal within 24 hours of the pre-authorization hold. If you still need any help, you can certainly contact our customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options so that our advisors can help you accordingly.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.