Pay Pal credit, how exactly does it work? How the highest limit is calculated?

Guest548958
Contributor
Contributor

I have few questions about paypal credit, because its a bit confusing

just in case: by 5k$ i mean 5000$.

k means 1000

When i was trying to buy something on some online store, then in my shopping cart i was raising the total amount of items i want to buy on 5,5k$. when im checking out, then paypal credit is offered as one of the paying options.

when im raising the amount till 5,6k$ or more- no paypal credit is offered while checking out.

so i bought something yesterday for 1,3k$.got something from Reverb (where old musical instruments, etc are sold).i bought it with paypal credit.item is shipped already by the way.and it was written that i will pay my first installment in 30days (it was smth like 55$). i will pay over 2 years-24 monthly installments.

here is where interesting part begins- today, on the next day, i was trying to check the highest amount i can buy something on.on some online store again.guess what it was? it was 5,5k$ again. why? if i bought something on 1,3k yesterday and my limit is 5,5k (then 5,5k was just limit for a single purchase)

if my total limit is 5,5+1,3=6,8k$, then why isnt paypal credit offered when im trying to buy something for 5,6k$?

so, many questions arise. first of all, how is 5,5k$ calculated? if i buy smth on 5,5k$, then on the next day what can i buy and on what amount? can i buy something again for 5,5k$ again ? if 5,5k$ then was just limit for a single purchase, logically, how to know my highest amount then? 

whats the highest amount then and how to know that? can i buy something on the next day on 5k$ again? if no, then when? after 2 years? 1 years? few months? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.