Order Failed but money went through (Pay in 3 finance)

JakeyStew95
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently made an order through Ebuyer using Paypals "Pay In 3" fianance, however I guess I timed out or something as the order failed on Ebuyers site stating something went wrong please try again however, Paypal has taken the money for that order. I restarted the order hoping it would go through this time and it did however its now showing I have two "Pay in 3" fianances on my account and taken the funds for both from my bank account.

My paypal account is showing the one as accepted by Ebuyer and proceeding as expected but the other as pending.

Do I just need to wait a little while and the pending one will be voided and refunded?

Cheers

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JakeyStew95
Contributor
Contributor

*SOLVED*

For future viewers of this sub, I waited 24 hours and the "Pending" finance was returned, doesn't even show up on  my bank statement but the money is back in my account and useable again. So best to wait 24-48 hours if you run into this issue then escalate further.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

JakeyStew95
Contributor
Contributor

*SOLVED*

For future viewers of this sub, I waited 24 hours and the "Pending" finance was returned, doesn't even show up on  my bank statement but the money is back in my account and useable again. So best to wait 24-48 hours if you run into this issue then escalate further.

Login to Me Too

KafesCoffeeCat
New Community Member

I recently had this exact same problem happen yesterday but for me, it's showing up twice on my bank statement. One transaction has successfully gone through via eBay and the other is just showing up as Pending on PayPal but I have been charged for both.

However, I've only had the one email about the Pay in 3 has successfully gone through, even though two are showing up on my bank statement.

PayPal crashed/ timed out on eBay so I went back (probably a silly thing to do) and tried again hence me getting charged twice for the Pay in 3.

Can't seem to cancel it via PayPal or even open up a dispute so hoping it will sort itself out.

I think it has been 24 hours since I made the transaction so hoping it will bounce back in the next 24 hours.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Estrielle,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing these issues when using our Pay in 3 service. If the second charge is showing as pending, this usually means that there was a pre-authorization charge. These charges generally fall off within 72 hours. If the second pending charge completes, you should then be able to open a dispute on the transaction. 

If you need additional assistance, I suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.