Is anybody else not getting the option to claim PayPal's $5 giveaway promo?

Dothackjhe
Contributor
Contributor

So, I have been a longstanding verified user of PayPal as this is the platform of choice I use for receiving payments from international clients (I am a freelance worker). Being an active user of the internet, I would occasionally come across people in forums posting how they were being given a chance to claim a $5 giveaway from PayPal. Some even on their fresh accounts.

For the many years I have been using PayPal, I've never been given the option to claim its $5 giveaway, which kind of puzzled me for the longest time. At the time, I would often brush off the idea, thinking I'd be a recipient of it someday. But no, that never came, even now.

I am not sure if this is a region-specific event, but is anybody else on the same boat as me on this subject?

For reference, here is the snapshot of the promo I was referring to: https://postimg.cc/67rLGn0b

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dothackjhe 

If a promotion is limited to 40,000 and paypal has over 337 million account holders worldwide then surely you can see that the odds of getting the free cash offer is pretty unlikely.

I have been helping on here for about 12 years and have never had an emailed offer either.....LOL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dothackjhe
Contributor
Contributor

People in my country are posting about it in forums for years. Some even claim to be new users. 

And yes, I probably just did not have the luck of the draw so as to be included in it. 

Login to Me Too

temp20220629h
New Community Member
In order to get promos you have to go into PayPal on the computer and under the settings (the gear cog) and sign up for marketing promotions...or that's what I had to do to get them anyway....hope that helps...and they are few and far between...for example I got one this week that was $5 for linking a new bank account or card to my account...stuff like that...I have gotten $5 in free cryptocurrency months back and didn't want it and ignored it for months but they they said they would buy it back from me so I took it and they bought it from me for $5 dollars and put the $5 in my account....why not right? Free $5 is free $5 I guess...
Login to Me Too

Dothackjhe
Contributor
Contributor

I think you may have just provided the answer I was looking for. However, upon checking Notifications > Marketing Preferences, I've already had the PayPal marketing option checked all along. It's not been disabled. I simply was not just receiving the option to claim the $5 giveaway, which is kind of a bummer. And yes, a free $5 is still $5, which is only a very tiny consolation considering the charges we accrue for using PayPal (which is quite understandable from the business standpoint).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.