I used the wrong weight when purchasing a Royal Mail postage label. How can I get a refund?

EdSut
I paid for and printed a label to despatch something I’d sold on eBay. But realised I’d used the default weight of 0.1kg. I need to void it and get a refund but I had automatic payments set up and the automated chat bot said it was non refundable. Is that right?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Schae

Hi @EdSut,

Thanks for taking the time to post in the PayPal Community!

I see that you've had some trouble with entering the wrong weight for a package you are sending out. I bet that would have been annoying to find! The answer you received from the Help Bot can depend on the situation. Voiding a shipping label can typically only be done within 48 hours of when the label was purchased. If you didn't see the Void option within the shipping label details, it could have meant that you missed the window to void for a refund. In that case, you have the option to go to your nearest Postal Office to see if they can charge you for the difference in amount by weight and then reprint a label. You could also contact Royal Mail directly to see if they are willing to refund you through PayPal and manually void the label. I'm sorry that this process has been difficult to navigate. 

I hope this guidance leads you to a resolution! 

Thank you,

-Schae

*If you see a post that was helpful, please benefit the Community by giving it a thumbs up (kudos) or accepting it as a solution.*
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.