I purchased something through Deals but there are no pending Gold points yet. How long does it take?

khaaaaaaan
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased something through a link in the Deals section of the website, and paid through PayPal, but there are no pending Gold points yet. How long does it take? It was the Western Digital store for 12% Cash back.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

nchuang
Contributor
Contributor

customer support said wait 60-90 days and to contact WD. Pretty useless. Then I tried to open a case and they canned it. I'm also reading how you were suppose to use the Honey extension which I haven't even seen it mentioned on the PP cashback site. Overall I'm also pretty disappointed in this experience.

Login to Me Too

flashdrive
Contributor
Contributor

I made 2 purchases from WD, 3 days apart, using the PayPal link and after not receiving any acknowledgement of any cashback, I called Customer Service just over a month later (which was outside of the return period for Western Digital products).  After getting transferred several times, I finally reached someone who was familiar with the Gold Rewards program and I explained the problem. He was sympathetic and promised to look into it and get back to me within a couple of days. This was after spending over half an hour of my time being transferred and being on hold with various agents. Good to his word, he did call back and said that they had credited my account with the appropriate number of Gold Points. However, when I checked my account after the call, they had only credited me with points for the first purchase and not the second. Grrr!

Another call, a week or so later, and another half hour of my time being on hold and being transferred, got me another promise of a callback but this time no one called back and there were no points. Grrrr!

Time slipped by and I finally got around to calling once again at the 2 month mark. 30 minutes of transfers and holding got me a promise of being transferred to "Escalation". After 5-10 more minutes of hold time, they cut me off and I had to start again! Grrrrr! 30 more minutes of transfer and hold time finally got me a promise of a callback within 3 days. We'll have to see what happens next...

However this works out, getting one's promised cashback is as difficult as pulling teeth and it shouldn't be this way. Please fix this, PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Phuhha
New Community Member
I purchased a travel deal through the PayPal app and have finished my stay over a month ago and similar to the previous poster have not received any gold cashback. I don’t recommend anyone to use the deal through PayPal and hope to get cashback. They fail to compete against Rakuten with no transparency or record of your purchase.
Login to Me Too

NJ_resident
New Community Member

Agreed, that is the last time I use paypal deals, until it actually works like other cash back portals.

Login to Me Too

khaaaaaaan
Contributor
Contributor
For what it's worth, I never got the cash back for that purchase.
Login to Me Too

flashdrive
Contributor
Contributor

You should definitely give them a call. Make sure that you ask to speak to someone about PayPal Gold Reward Points. Otherwise, the level 1 people won't know what you're talking about. They will have to look it up but, with luck, you'll get transferred to the right person. The first time I called, I mentioned about not receiving the cashback for my purchase and I was transferred to their MasterCard department because that's the only kind of cashback that the CS rep knew about. I got transferred several times until I finally got to someone that could actually help me. Now I know who to ask for. And make sure that you have your purchase date and purchase amount handy.

Getting any money from them is like pulling teeth but you might get lucky and only have to call once. 

If nobody complains, they will never fix the problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.