I did payment but can't be seen in the system

Muhammed23
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something by using pay in 3. The amount can be seen in the pending transaction list of my bank account but when I check the Paypal app, it still says 'make a payment'. What should I do? I don't want to be charged for late payment.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ShaqOatmeal
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. Sorry to hear. Happens here all the time. Hence the acronym circulating in this forum: PPP - PayPalPending. Good news is, it will eventually go through. It might drive you nuts, and you might loose some sleep, but hey - it's all for the hyper extra security measures they have in place for us. In PayPal they put immense manual labor into making every transaction happen. That is why it is almost never instant. It sometimes seems like someone in PayPal physically carries your money from account a to account b. Hang on there. There is not much you can do. Try to stay positive. if there are any late fees, I doubt you can hold PayPal liable. But you can send a request for sure.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShaqOatmeal 

You are posting the same answer to every situation and every countries post and that is incorrect.

@Muhammed23 

Read the link as the payment should show in your paypal activity.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-will-my-paypal-pay-in-3-transaction-appear-in-my-pay...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ShaqOatmeal
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Firstly - The answers are not the same. They might be very similar, especially when the problems people post are very similar in nature. Secondly - I only answer to a very specific problems. Ones that I feel confident giving answers to. Especially problems caused (mostly!) by the PayPal’s bug filled system. In these cases (I speak from the experience) it is better to just wait, as 80% of the problems seem to magically disappear themselves. Second best option is to start juggling the browsers and apps and clear your history and cookies. And that is exactly what I recommend. In a more organized manner of course. Thirdly - There’s also nothing wrong about calming people down. Letting them know that others too are having problems and that everything will eventually be OK. PayPal will not leave them hanging. Finally - look at the questions I reply to (mostly about pending transfers, people having trouble when trying to add cards, and people worried about losing the money after refund was issued to a wrong bank account, etc.). Sure I can lay all that technical info down and say that it takes 14 days after x; y; z and the money will appear back on your account, but the most important thing is to calm people down FAST. Take the worry off their shoulders and direct them to contact customer service. Think about it - 99% of the time people posting here is because the customer support is closed and they are worried about their money. Best we can do is to offer these people a peace of mind. All the technical mumbo-jumbo in many “worried about my money” cases comes second.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShaqOatmeal 

Sorry not reading all that.

You were incorrect in your advice....!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Muhammed23
Contributor
Contributor

guys, problem is solved thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.