How can you add PayPalCredit as a payment option when you advertise on eBay?

alexandereddie
Contributor
Contributor

How can I add PayPalCredit as a payment option when I advertise on eBay?  I already have a PayPal Credit facility as a buyer, but a retailer was trying to enable me to pay by PayPalCredit and got lost in the weeds in the effort.  There must be a correct method to become authorised to offer this service... or somewhere to click that includes it as a payment option.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Craig

Hi @alexandereddie

Welcome to the Community!

I can see you are from the United Kingdom. The option to pay with PayPal Credit is dependent on the buyer's account. 

The decision to advertise PayPal Credit is evaluated against criteria such as, but not limited to, the merchant's line of business, the company's turnover, and the merchant's average order value. Where one or more of these, or other criteria, is deemed to impact the likely return on investment, we will not be able to advertise PayPal Credit.

The good news is that your customers will still see PayPal Credit once they click to checkout with PayPal. You can't choose to direct customers to select PayPal Credit at checkout as the Financial Conduct Authority regulates PayPal Credit. If you do wish to promote PayPal Credit, you would need to apply to the Financial Conduct Authority for a credit broking permission: https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/authorisation/how-to-apply

We continue to value your custom and look forward to serving you now and in the future.

Thank you for choosing PayPal and for your interest in PayPal Credit.

Hopefully, this helps. 
Paypal_Craig

Login to Me Too

alexandereddie
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm not from the United States.  I'm from the United Kingdom, the middle of England in fact.  Presumably things are tailored to suit each country's laws, etc?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.