Dispute regarding shipping

niranjan78
New Community Member

I ordered an item online (Hong Kong) and I am charged $50 for shipping through DHL. The seller sends the item through china mail, I've sent an email to the seller as to why they changed the shipping and to refund the shipping charges they have collected. 

While I am waiting for their response (I haven't received any response ever since I placed the order, even to my query on delayed shipping), I wanted to know how do I open a dispute on PayPal. I don't see any option to raise dispute over shipping. will it be a service dispute? please help. 

Niranjan

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@niranjan78 

You can raise a significantly not as described (SNAD) dispute in the resolution center but it’s up to the seller to issue a partial refund or not, PayPal cannot force the seller to refund partially. Chances are low (but anything can happen) that you will winning a case of seller charging excessive shipping costs if the matter is escalated to PayPal to rule on so you should consider saving the dispute for when you receive something not as described or do not receive your order at all. 

If the item arrived to your satisfaction, then you can roll the dice on a SNAD dispute on shipping costs but like I said, if seller doesn’t offer a partial refund to resolve the matter and escalate to a claim, PayPal might as you to return item for a full refund (all or nothing).

https://www.paypal.com/bh/webapps/mpp/ua/buyer-protection#online-resolution

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.