Direct debit bounced and didn't retry

Macca81
Contributor
Contributor

The account my PayPal credit direct debit comes out of has a feature that shown me what upcoming regular payments come out in what days and I didn't realise it had stopped showing my direct debit for PayPal credit the direct debit bounced as I hadn't put money in to cover it, I just assumed PayPal would try to take payment a second time and there was plenty of money in the account from the next day but they didn't try to resubmit the direct debit they called me a week later where I explained it was an oversight and said I was happy to either pay then or have them resubmit the direct debit, the woman who called said she would add the balance to my next direct debit, I got a letter through about a week later chasing me for payment so I decided to pay what was owed. PayPal have reported on my credit file that I have missed a payment which has damaged my credit rating and I think this is harsh as I have never been late with a payment before and most companies give you a chance to resolve the matter before registering a missed payment. Wondering if I can get PayPal to take off the missed payment from my credit file as it was paid within 30 days which is what most give to resolve

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Megan

Hi @Macca81,

For issues regarding PayPal Credit payments or billing, you will want to contact Synchrony Bank for further assistance. 

Best wishes,

-Megan S.

If you find this response or any other post helpful, you can make our Community better by giving Kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.