Did pay in 4, full payment came out, but still have transaction pending

Bpatte02
New Community Member
I bought an item through Paypal for over $500. Decided I would use Pay in 4, was told the payment would be $157 for the installments. Checked a couple days later and in weirdly staggered amounts paypal had pulled the full amount out of my bank account. I also noticed that I still have a pending payment for the Pay in 4. I would like not to have to pay over $500 twice. If anyone has any advice, it would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Bpatte02

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I would be concerned in this situation, too! You definitely don't want to pay for an item twice. Was the first charge just an authorization? After reading this Help Center article on Pay in 4 authorizations, I found PayPal "will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your specified card for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one fourth of your total purchase amount."  If that doesn't sound like what's happening here, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page for a bit more help. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.