Canceling a pay in 4 payment authorization

alyssa_michelle
Contributor
Contributor
So I was trying to set up a pay in 4 but didn’t complete my order on the website I was ordering from. PayPal charged me anyway and I need to cancel them. They say authorization pending and I’m planning on calling customer support when they open but I thought I’d try here first.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @alyssa_michelle,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community! 

I understand your concern regarding the Pay in 4. Please know that if the payment did not complete but the funds have been deducted and states as authorization pending and if the person you sent money to doesn't claim the money within 30 days, the full amount will be refunded to the original payment method. You’ll need to contact the merchant to cancel an authorization. If you have any questions, I would recommend reaching out to our customer support team through the contact options available on our website.

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Temp20211212b
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on Mercari and before I could complete the purchase I had to re-verify my paypal payment. When I did that paypal made me apply again for the pay in 4 option so I did. But now there's 3 pending authorizations on my paypal account totaling over $600! What can I do asap to get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.