Can we petition against shipstation and go back to the old format?

Bradholland-88
Contributor
Contributor

As many people have already voiced, the switch to shipstation was quite possibly the worst decision ever on behalf of PayPal. So I have decided to pose the question, is it possible to petition for them to switch back to the old format and do away with shipstation altogether? Perhaps this thread could serve as a petition in itself. I’m wondering how many people in the community would support this. The more comments the more attention this will bring. 

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

cherubino3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying Shippo since I maybe order about 10 labels a month - if that.

Shippo charges $0.05 per label with no subscription fee and that suits me fine.

Ebay is already linked to discount shipping.

Amazon also.

Boycott ShipStation!

Login to Me Too

Prillar
Contributor
Contributor

Shipstation is horrible. Labels that used to take less than a minute from sign in to print now take more than 5 minutes. A total waste of time watching the gears spin wiating for a screen change. NO UPS and NO RECEIPT. This has to go back the way it was!!!!!! 

Login to Me Too

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

I switched to pirate ship, no account required, integrates with bigcommerce, responsive CS, a little tedious having to pay for each label but if you do it in the right order it's pretty quick & you can print in bulk.

Now without needing PP for eBay, and without PP shipping to keep me here, I think it's time for a lower cost CC processor, then Bye Bye paypal.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220116b
Contributor
Contributor
I support you. Many problems with Shipstation, server errors, fewer options, etc. and I don’t like they force me to use the Global Advantage Program. The rate is the same as all business rate. But it prints a domestic label and ships to a processing facility (don’t know usps or shipstation owns it). The package will be relabeled there. However the domestic tracking and international tracking are not linked. Now my domestic tacking shows delivered and the international tracking shows label created but not shipped. This two step method makes it slower, more difficult to track and more room for human error. I wish to switch back to old PayPal shipping system.
Login to Me Too

JohnH13

Hate ship station have to enter address's manually , Now we have room for user error , Thanks Paypal , What else works like PayPal that I can use on my websites , **bleep** this crap WISH WE CAN GO BACK TOO>>

Login to Me Too

essmeier
Contributor
Contributor

Can't say I'm a fan of ShipStation.

The other day, I needed to know the weight of a package I'd mailed a few days earlier.  There's no way to find that information.

Their "Here's your shipping label!" messages only include the date and the tracking number, but not the method of shipment, like the old system did.

I only use USPS for shipping, but now I'm forced to sift through USPS and UPS rates to pick the one I want.  I can't choose to not see the UPS rates.  Gonna be fun when they add DHL and Fedex and the list gets to be 50 items long.

I've been automatically enrolled in the Global Advantage Program, so now my Priority Mail Express International packages go to Los Angeles by Priority Mail where they sit for two weeks before being relabeled and forwarded to their destination.   My customers are paying for expedited shipping and they're waiting more than a month for delivery.

Shipstation says that the relabeling facility in Los Angeles is a USPS facility, so they're claiming no responsibility for the delays.

ShipStation will remove you from GAP on request, but there's no checkbox on site to allow you to remove yourself from the program.  You must ask.

I will say that ShipStation has been pretty responsive to my support questions, but I'd go back to the old PayPal shipping system in a heartbeat.

Login to Me Too

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Try pirate ship, you don't have to pay a subscription, & they do international USPS & UPS.

And if you have questions they answer.

Login to Me Too

ralphie2
Contributor
Contributor

ShipStation (S/S) is miserable. Never a problem with the Pitney Bowes system PayPal had before. I'm now getting mysterious charges on my PayPal (P/P) account from ShipStation that do not correspond with any label or adjustment fees. PayPal is useless too, they say I have to deal with S/S for the issue! Hello! PayPal took on this system and they are the ones actually billing my account from S/S with no documentation showing what the charge is for, so they bear the responsibility of verifying the charge. P/P's old system showed every detail of the label transaction including tracking number, addressee and more. Now, nothing, just a transaction & invoice number that do not relate to any of the S/S numbers. This is insane! To make matters worse, there is no way to call S/S and their chat is useless. The banking commission is being contacted about this because neither P/P or S/S are taking the blame or correcting the problem. This is teetering on fraud. Looks like I'm going to back to the old Click n Ship on the USPS site. 

Login to Me Too

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Don't bother with click n ship it's too slow and expensive, use pirate ship, no fees, better rates, and a nice feature where you can paste in a complete address with one click & it fills in the address lines for you. Also a nice logical shipping history.

Login to Me Too

ralphie2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, do they charge a monthly fee?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.