Attempting to use or refund a prepaid paypal card.

Gsancheznlm
Contributor
Contributor
I have struggled to get my paypal debit card activated due to issues with YOUR system. The app and or online service not only does not let my link my account, but also recommends me to call a number that is nothing more than a automated message for Netspend that shows no sign of allowing me to "add additional information," I have numerous times attempted to call multiple phone numbers included but not limited to the one on the back of the card, the one linked, as well as paypal support themselves and have received no advice on how to fix this issue. I can't even request a refund through the phone software and would simply like to know if you can figure out the situation at hand or if I should simply request a refund.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gsancheznlm 

To activate a PayPal Prepaid Card call the 24-hour toll-free automated phone system at found on this page as phone numbers cannot be posted on forums and see if they have an activate card option in the phone menu (press 0 to see if they’ll connect you to an operator or customer service. If it’s the same number you called previously then never mind, and visit https://www.paypal-prepaid.com/account/activate.

Otherwise:

When you purchase the temporary card at a retail location and make an initial value load of up to $500, you will have the use of a temporary card with limited functionality: the temporary card cannot be reloaded with additional funds and it will expire 120 days from the date of purchase. In order to have access to more features of the card account, including receipt of a personalized card, access to the Virtual Account feature, and the ability to make additional value loads, you must activate the card and verify your identity following the instructions shown above or those that accompany the temporary card.

So even without activating to get the additional features, you can use the card in stores.

Always keep cards in safe place until no more transactions can be made on the card, including refunds from merchants.

Make sure you have a PayPal account that has a balance account already set up which allows you to hold a balance amongst other functionalities.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Gsancheznlm
Contributor
Contributor

Over the phone the activation option was not available nor did pressing 0 do anything. The link to activate continued to link me to Netspend, who have the same issues over the phone and to whom I see no correlation to the card I have.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.