$apiContext = new \PayPal\Rest\ApiContext(
		new \PayPal\Auth\OAuthTokenCredential(
			'123456...',     // ClientID
			'789012...'      // ClientSecret
		)
	);

$payouts = new \PayPal\Api\Payout();
	$senderBatchHeader = new \PayPal\Api\PayoutSenderBatchHeader();
	$senderBatchHeader->setSenderBatchId(uniqid())
		->setEmailSubject("You have a payment from us")
		->setRecipientType("Email");

// We try one only payment for now
	for($i = 0; $i < 1; $i++)
	{
		$senderItem = new \PayPal\Api\PayoutItem(
			array(
				"receiver" => "existing_paypal_account_email",
				"note" => "Thank you.",
				"sender_item_id" => uniqid(),
				"amount" => array(
					"value" => (($i+1) * 0.11),
					"currency" => "EUR"
				)
			)
		);

$payouts->setSenderBatchHeader($senderBatchHeader)
    		->addItem($senderItem);
	}

$request = clone $payouts;
	try {
		$output = $payouts->create(null, $apiContext);
	}
	catch (Exception $ex)
	{
		echo "PayPal Payout Error: ". $ex . "<br><br>";
		echo "Batch Payout: ". $request . "<br><br>";
		exit(1);
	}

And I get this error

EX: exception 'PayPal\Exception\PayPalConnectionException' with message 'Got Http response code 422 when accessing https://api.sandbox.paypal.com/v1/payments/payouts?.' in /mysite.com/test/APIs/PayPal/PayPal-PHP-SDK/paypal/rest-api-sdk-php/lib/PayPal/Core/PayPalHttpConnection.php:183 Stack trace: #0 /mysite.com/test/APIs/PayPal/PayPal-PHP-SDK/paypal/rest-api-sdk-php/lib/PayPal/Transport/PayPalRestCall.php(73): PayPal\Core\PayPalHttpConnection->execute('{"sender_batch_...') #1 /mysite.com/test/APIs/PayPal/PayPal-PHP-SDK/paypal/rest-api-sdk-php/lib/PayPal/Common/PayPalResourceModel.php(102): PayPal\Transport\PayPalRestCall->execute(Array, '/v1/payments/pa...', 'POST', '{"sender_batch_...', NULL) #2 /mysite.com/test/APIs/PayPal/PayPal-PHP-SDK/paypal/rest-api-sdk-php/lib/PayPal/Api/Payout.php(122): PayPal\Common\PayPalResourceModel::executeCall('/v1/payments/pa...', 'POST', '{"sender_batch_...', NULL, Object(PayPal\Rest\ApiContext), NULL) #3 /mysite.com/test/APIs/PayPal/PayPal_BatchPayout.php(148): PayPal\Api\Payout->create(NULL, Object(PayPal\Rest\ApiContext)) #4 {main}

What do I miss in the code? It already worked for about 6 times. Now it won't.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Lunardi
Contributor
Contributor

I have solved the problem. In the catch paragraph I added this line

echo "PayPal Payout GetData:<br>". $ex->getData() . "<br><br>";

which reported INSUFFICIENT FUNDS. Then I discovered that we can't add funds to a sandobox account. We have to create a new sambox account with large funds, then re-create the App Rest, get new credentials, add the Webhook, the Return URL, change the Credentials in our php code... A mess.

Login to Me Too

thirtified
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Lunardi wrote:

[…] Then I discovered that we can't add funds to a sandobox account. We have to create a new sambox account with large funds, then re-create the App Rest, get new credentials, add the Webhook, the Return URL, change the Credentials in our php code... A mess.

Hi @Lunardi, you are right that you can't explictly add funds to an existing Sandbox account – but you can create a separate Sandbox account and use the Send Money feature on https://www.sandbox.paypal.com to send a large amount from this to your existing account. The money will go into the old account's balance and you should be able to continue to use your existing setup and credentials.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.