Payout item transaction succeeded and batch failed

ukenadmin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am just wondering to know if we only send 1 item in our batch with payout API is there any possibility that we get the `event_type='PAYMENT.PAYOUTS-ITEM.SUCCEEDED'` from PayPal webhook for the item and `event_type='PAYMENT.PAYOUTSBATCH.DENIED'` for the batch? 

I am designing my system to update the status of the row in the DB but I only care about item transition now I ignore the batch response, I want to know will cause any problem in future?

Best

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Jennifer

This webhook: PAYMENT.PAYOUTSBATCH.DENIED (A batch payout payment is denied) is an important event since it will tell you if one of the payouts was denied. If the payout is denied the funds are typically returned to the merchant's account.

If you are keeping track of the payouts that are successful, receiving webhooks on the denied payments is important.

Here is a listing of all webhook events and a description of information that is returned.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Login to Me Too

ukenadmin
Contributor
Contributor

I have not get my answer from this, in my case I only have one item in the batch, I just want to know is it possible to get item succeed for the single item in the batch but the batch denied event for that batch?  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.