******@yahoo.com (h****-5***) hasn't accepted it yet.

Danzo
Contributor
Contributor

brought an item off ebay and on my paypal it says this but the money has been taken out of my bank so where exactly is my money and is this some kind of scam?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danzo 

No not a scam, happens a lot, seller either has an old email address on his auction or made a spelling error when entering it in the paypal payment section when he listed his item for sale.

If there is a cancel option then it means the email address does not exist so more than likely a typo.

I would cancel it but it would take a few days to go back to your funding source.

Meanwhile tell the seller to do this.......

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danzo 

Sounds as if the seller may have a mistake with the email address on their auction.

Does it say pending / unclaimed and is there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Danzo
Contributor
Contributor

Yea there is a cancel option on my end, is this a sign they are trying some sort of scam? its been like this for 4days i messaged them on ebay and they said they will accept it tonight but so far they have not. 

@kernowlass 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danzo 

No not a scam, happens a lot, seller either has an old email address on his auction or made a spelling error when entering it in the paypal payment section when he listed his item for sale.

If there is a cancel option then it means the email address does not exist so more than likely a typo.

I would cancel it but it would take a few days to go back to your funding source.

Meanwhile tell the seller to do this.......

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.