wrong payment method,

ino890
New Community Member

Hi there,

I always use my paypal when I get something on online, and my checking account was set up as preferred payment method.

but, I don't know why paypal used my saving account this time

that is why my bank took $35.00 fee two times due to insufficient fund.

I don't understand why Paypal keeps using my saving account, and i have already enough money for the transaction.

is there anyone who can help me out with this problem?

I was not able to contact an agent due to coronavirus outbreak.

thanks, 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ino890 

Sorry to hear about what happened.

There are times that a payment method could be denied to be used due to internal security program. The system might have detected that is not safe for you to use your preferred funding source for this particular transaction at this particular time and might have identified that using your checking account is the safest funding source to be used for this payment to be completed or it is listed as your back up funding source on your PayPal account.

We want to help you more and if you would be needing further assistance, you may reach us via live chat support by logging in and clicking on Contact Us.

As of the moment you cannot get in touch with one of our representatives as our phone lines are currently closed due to the
pandemic coronavirus (covid-19) emergency. Please extend your patience and keep safe.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.