won't authorize my card

takingg
New Community Member

I've been trying to buy two items from steam, but for some reason, my credit card won't be authorized, I've purchased using this paypal account for the last multiple years, and this is the first time it decides to do this.

I haven't done any unusual purchases the last few months, with the exception of buying a game from a third-party seller (which was in the end successful)

I believe this is a security concern, but I don't have any other way to purchase those games but my credit card. So I would like to know how to lift the safety restrictions from that credit card.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi takingg, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!  

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.