why is it pending

deansousanis
Contributor
Contributor

so im waiting on a payment from someone for a product, they asked that I requested them for the money, I made the $700 request for them to pay and she states that she has paid but I haven't received anything from PayPal telling me shes paid and on my statement it still says its pending, Obviously it hesitant to send out the product so how do I know if she's lying 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deansousanis 

Ha! Be careful! When a money request is sent and not been paid, it's status is "Pending" so you're being scammed. If you are paid, the money request status is marked "Paid" and you will see another transaction record marked "Payment Received" and funds will show in your PayPal balance. If your payment is subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold, you will see a Pending balance and "On Hold" marked in red on the Payment Received transaction record.

Scammers are using PayPal account features and this whole PayPal hold regimen to scam folks. One person had this happen to them the week before, talking about the payment is kept being pending and their buyer said they paid when they really didn't and convinced them to ship the laptop out and it turns out that the seller sent a money request that was still "Pending" which means it's not been paid. When the status is marked "Paid" that's when it's really paid.

I'll leave it to you to break the news to the buyer but be nice about it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deansousanis 

Ha! Be careful! When a money request is sent and not been paid, it's status is "Pending" so you're being scammed. If you are paid, the money request status is marked "Paid" and you will see another transaction record marked "Payment Received" and funds will show in your PayPal balance. If your payment is subject to PayPal's 21 day funds availability hold, you will see a Pending balance and "On Hold" marked in red on the Payment Received transaction record.

Scammers are using PayPal account features and this whole PayPal hold regimen to scam folks. One person had this happen to them the week before, talking about the payment is kept being pending and their buyer said they paid when they really didn't and convinced them to ship the laptop out and it turns out that the seller sent a money request that was still "Pending" which means it's not been paid. When the status is marked "Paid" that's when it's really paid.

I'll leave it to you to break the news to the buyer but be nice about it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.