We currently have limited customer service staffing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) safety precautions. We encourage you to find quick answers to your questions by searching the community forum, visiting our Help Center, or messaging us (message response times will be delayed). Thank you for your patience.
For small businesses who would like to apply for the Paycheck Protection Program, visit our application page. Our agents cannot take applications over the phone or provide you with the status of your loan. Join the discussion in the Community here.
New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
someone wants to send me money. I don't know what to tell her? do I have her send money to my name, my email address, or what?
The email address you use with Paypal identifies your Paypal account and is all someone needs to pay you.
Or you can send a money request/invoice from your Paypal account to their Paypal email address for them to pay.
The latter is better as you can then fully describe the item that your buyer is paying for and that may help you if they open a 'recieved but not as described' dispute.
You may be subject to the 'new seller hold' (info on that in link below) BUT once cleared you can click on withdraw/transfer funds and send it to any linked funding source.
However be very careful as lot of scam merchants about.
1. A lot of scammers encourage you to accept a Paypal payment and if you don't have an account ask you to open one.
2. Do not get scammed via spoof emails that look as if they are from Paypal.
3. Never send anything unless the funds are showing in your Paypal account balance, even if you are a new seller and subject to the new seller hold the funds would still show in your balance but have pending by them.
4. Do NOT send anything to an address that is not the buyers Paypal registered address.
5. Do not be fooled by you so called buyer and "Paypal" telling you that you either have to >>>
a. Send the item and provide a tracking number BEFORE the funds show in your balance.
b. You have to pay the buyers shipping agent via western union or moneygram OR buy Itunes vouchers or tokens for varying reasons before his payment is credited to you.
6. Do not accept payment for sales using the family / friends option.
7. Remember sellers send invoices and not buyers so if you get an invoice "marked as gift / paid" and saying it won't show in your balance for 24 hours or that your payment can't be the subject of a chargeback.....its a scam.
If in doubt come here and ask and also read up on Paypals seller protection first so you can risk assess your transactions.