Knowing that it was returned
Where is my money and how long does it take for my money to return to my card

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@feza70 

The money will likely be refunded directly to your card which typically takes 3-4 days to appear on your statement. Alternatively, the person who issued the refund sent it from their bank, in that case it takes 2-3 days to process and appear in either your paypal balance or on your card statement.

I hope I was able to help, please leave a kudo if I did. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@feza70 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @kernowlass,

You beat me by a minute! 🙂 Thank you for jumping in!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @feza70,

Thank you for your post! The information that @Nctall gave is correct. It does typically take only a few days for a refund to show on a credit or debit card statement, however, in some case it can take up to 30 days, which would be a full billing cycle. 

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.