where did my money go

keepin23
New Community Member

Please help me. I have been using paypal regularly and had the same home page come up for many years. Today, after receiving an email that I received money, I clicked on the link provided and it said the page doesn't exist. Then, when I went to the website I have gone to for years, all I see is something about credit and am completely unable to find where my money is because I am not a part of any of their new programs. How can I find where to see my money so I can transfer it to my bank like I always have done?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@keepin23 

As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment (Paypal varies a lot country to country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @keepin23,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having after receiving an email.

If you open a fresh browser window and type in www.paypal.com, does it lead you to the account as it normally looks?

If the email you received was a fake email, it's possible that you followed a link to a malicious site. I would recommend running a virus scan on your computer or any device you used to open that link. if a virus is found, please make sure that the virus is cleaned off the computer or device before using it to access PayPal, and change your password on your account from a different, uninfected computer as soon as possible.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.