urgent help needed

lstanz
Contributor
Contributor

My parents needed a place to stay between homes.  the email address for deposit payment was given,  and there has been some shady events since the first deposit was given.  Is there anyway, we can verify there was no complaints that were made against this account previously, just to set our minds at ease, and know we are not being scammed

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately there's no way to research accounts as PayPal does not share info with it users.   Note, if the funds were sent using the Send Money feature and the "Friends and Family" option was chosen, you may have a problem.  When this method is used, the transaction simply looks like one friend sending money to another - as there's no details like you would have when paying invoices or sending money for "Goods and Services", if you try to open a dispute, the system may not accept it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Unfortunately there's no way to research accounts as PayPal does not share info with it users.   Note, if the funds were sent using the Send Money feature and the "Friends and Family" option was chosen, you may have a problem.  When this method is used, the transaction simply looks like one friend sending money to another - as there's no details like you would have when paying invoices or sending money for "Goods and Services", if you try to open a dispute, the system may not accept it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.