unable to send money - asking for but not allowing phone number to be added for security

rnaymik
Contributor
Contributor

Since at least yesterday I haven't been able to send or spend money from my paypal balance. When I go to send the money (either FF or GS) it directs me to enter a code, but then doesn't show me my phone number, just to "+ add number." When I try to enter my mobile number, it will either tell me that the format is incorrect, or that the number is invalid. I've used my account several times in the last few weeks without issue until yesterday and continuing today.

I don't have any holds or limitations that I know of on my account, and the paypal message center/bot help text thing confirmed that just now. Highly frustrating. Anybody else ever experience this? thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nycartifax

did you ever get this solved? I'm experiencing the same issue and its starting to **bleep** **bleep** me off.

Login to Me Too

rnaymik
Contributor
Contributor
Yes in that eventually my account started acting normal again on its own. There apparently was a hold/freeze on all of my abilities for some BS reason. Maybe a week after I posted this? I was never able to talk to a person about it BUT I have since found out that if you just keep pressing 0 (operator) and saying “talk to an agent” the automated system will eventually put you through to a human being and not just fxcking hang up on you. And to be fair the people I’ve talked to a few times recently have been extremely helpful and able to resolve the problems I had about holds on funds for items that were delivered. Good luck. If you plan to use PayPal to do any kind of emergency money moving around, I’d suggest getting the PayPal cash debit card, and really putting some use on your account. I do buy and sell on secondhand market a lot of things, not as a business just a collector. Having the debit card and “cash account” is actually kinda convenient. Basically it seems like the more you use PayPal the more the computers trust you and don’t flag your account for no reason.
Login to Me Too

nycartifax

oh my god I am livid that they keep hanging up and they won't reply in the message center. this is absolute bs. I will never use PayPal again haha

Login to Me Too

nycartifax

I keep getting the same " we cannot support your inquiry over the phone" then CLICK no matter how many times I've pressed zero. this is unreal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.