unable to issue refund

Emi32
Contributor
Contributor

I have issued a refund before, but this time I get the message "unable to issue refund, add funds to your PayPal and try again." Why won't it just take the money from my bank account like it did in the past? I also have my debit card linked but it insists that I have to use Paypal funds. I tried both messaging and calling PayPal, and was transferred to agents both times. Neither one was able to help me. They both said that my bank is verified and I should be able to issue a refund, but nothing works! To be clear, I am fully refunding someone for an eBay order (exactly like the previous time!), but trying to do that through eBay just takes me to Paypal anyway, so I am stuck at square one. I don't have a PayPal cash account or whatever because I didn't need one before. And I'm also not going to give away my social security number like that, because again, I didn't need to do that before. I was told to just try adding the funds to my PayPal, but there is literally no option to do that anywhere on the site or my online banking site. Besides, that apparently takes five business days that I quite frankly do not have. (I also can't see the supposed PayPal balance I have? According to the agent???) I also asked the agent if he could just do the refund for me, but he said that it's a privacy thing for the other person (since when is giving someone money like, against their privacy? you don't even have to accept money on here!) I'm so confused. It took me almost 24 hours to even HEAR an agent, and he was not helpful. It sounded like he didn't even believe me. Basically, any help right now would be great. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Tparker2
Contributor
Contributor

I have the SAME issue and can not get a straight answer on what is going on. It take 3-5 business days for $ to transfer back to my paypal. But I only have a certain number of days to refund on eBay. So I'm just going to take a hit on eBay from now on if I don't have the funds on hand? Wish someone at support could answer this for us. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.