trouble sending Money

FareedShafeeg
Contributor
Contributor

Screenshot 2019-07-17 at 19.33.45.png

Hi
I have been trying to send money to person email account via PayPal. I normally don't have a problem this is the first time I am getting this message also the first time I am sending money to this recipient who recently created a PayPal account. He assures me that he doesn't have a website associated with the account so I don't understand why I am receiving this message can some one please help us?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FareedShafeeg 

The option to 'receive' paypal payments is sadly not available in your country.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FareedShafeeg 

You may have to wait a few hours for your screenshot to be approved and show up, better to have just told us what country he was in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FareedShafeeg
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass  he in the same country as I am right now Maldives I will wait  for it to load it.

In brief this is the message I get

This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to thier website and follow their instructions or email the recipient for instructions.

The problems is he dosen't have website but he did create the paypal account recently about a day ago and also assures me its a personal account
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FareedShafeeg 

The option to 'receive' paypal payments is sadly not available in your country.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FareedShafeeg
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I wonder why? I mean seems a little harsh but why doesn't the system just state that instead of giving me the round about message?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FareedShafeeg 

No idea, ask customer services?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.