transaction question

ALE63
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know how someone in USA can pay into my paypal account? Does it have to be in USD or it has to be CAD since my account is in CAD? Also for the fund to go from my paypal into my bank account, does it cost a fee? thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ALE63 

You can send them an invoice or money request in CAD and then when they click to pay it will show them how much in USD will be deducted from their funding source ie card or bank account.

Or you can get them to use the send money > goods /services (if you are selling something) > put in your email address > put in amount > select CAD from the drop down list and then again before they click to pay paypal will tell them how much in USD will be deducted from their funding source ie card or bank account.

If you are selling then the money request option is the best as you can fully described the item you are selling in case the buyer raises a dispute for item received but not as described.

Once the funds are in your paypal account you can withdraw them to your bank account and i don't think there is a fee to withdraw to a bank account only to a debit card, but if you want to check go to FEES in that section of the paypal user agreement.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ALE63
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much. It is good to know. This is not for a transaction but fund request for mailing a package.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.