transaction history is incomplete

Wasaal
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on Depop using their PayPal option to checkout. I made an account using the same username and phone number after I had made that purchase but it’s not in my activity log. I also linked the same card that was used previously. Any tips?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Wasaal!

Great question and thank you for your post. It sounds like your first purchase was made as what we call a "guest checkout" which means that PayPal processed the payment directly from a card rather than a PayPal account. If the PayPal account was created after completing the purchase, then the purchase will not show in the account's activity. However, an email receipt of the should have been sent to you with the details of the purchase including the transaction number, amount, merchant information, and date. In the event you do not receive your item, it's broken, or it isn't as described, you are more than welcome to contact our customer support by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Wasaal!

Great question and thank you for your post. It sounds like your first purchase was made as what we call a "guest checkout" which means that PayPal processed the payment directly from a card rather than a PayPal account. If the PayPal account was created after completing the purchase, then the purchase will not show in the account's activity. However, an email receipt of the should have been sent to you with the details of the purchase including the transaction number, amount, merchant information, and date. In the event you do not receive your item, it's broken, or it isn't as described, you are more than welcome to contact our customer support by following the Help & Contact link at the bottom of the page, or you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter.  

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.