transaction declined by bank

nick011
New Community Member

I am new to paypal and was trying to pay for chegg.com subscription via my debit card and it didn't go through.

Now the PayPal support team is telling that there is an amount of USD 25.00 being declined by my bank.

the fact is that I never tried any transaction of the mentioned amount. 

and my question is... 'Do I need to worry about that?' , 'will it cause any problem for me?'

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sharingiscaring
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @nick011,

You dont need to worry about that. Since you were informed by a teammate that the transaction was declined by your bank (for some reason) rest assured that the transaction did not go through with PayPal. You may also contact your bank to confirm about charges.

For addition information about subscriptions, you may check the link below:
https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-view%2C-modify-or-cancel-my-pre-approved-paymen...

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution..
Login to Me Too

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

In addition to what has been provided as resolution, since you mentioned that you never authorized the transaction , we highly suggest to please file an unauthorized report in the Resolution Center:

How do I report unauthorized PayPal account activity:

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Click the transaction you want to report and click Continue.
  4. Select "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize."
  5. Follow the steps to report the transaction.

Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.