to comply with international regulations this transaction has been declined

beeeeeen
New Community Member

my transaction was declined to "comply with international regulations".what can i do ?45586a-0319-4bcd-8fe0-a89de214c8bf.png

Login to Me Too
84 REPLIES 84

Baked
Can i ask does the business owner need to confirm identity or the customet?
Login to Me Too

catt231
Contributor
Contributor

The marked solution doesn't work for me - I'm verified have checked my account, have two factor auth and no notifications of transactions being declined in paypal... what do I do?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @catt231, @KatieW55, and everyone else,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues receiving funds through PayPal. From time to time, PayPal may need to some time to review transactions to ensure that the transactions are compliant. If PayPal needs further information from you regarding the payment, you may receive a request via email. 

If you're still running into issues sending or receiving funds, and you haven't received any updates via email, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Best wishes, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230114w
New Community Member
I am getting this error and it’s not even an internationally! It is even in the same state as me! Makes no sense!
Login to Me Too

Mello215
New Community Member
Me too, I tried deposits to my lottery app, keeps saying comply international, declined....no solutions.
Login to Me Too

AbdulAhad1
Hello, My PayPal account was permanently limited without informing me.
Login to Me Too

CapnVideo

Contacting customer support does not help at all. They SAY they will call you back in 48 hours but days and days go by with no reply. you call back and they tell you the same thing but now say they 'have no record of your previous call". I call bull on this. I've been a verified business for over ten years and this hasn't happened before and there is nothing new about my product line or business which would suddenly make it "noncompliant". thinking Square needs a second look...

Login to Me Too

derekgotproblem
Contributor
Contributor

The suggested solution doesn't work for me - there have been hundreds of people with the same problem, and from what I can see in the community pages there is NO SOLUTION! This is crazy! All I want to do is enter a writing competition (and alright, you can call it gambling, but technically it's a contest of skill), pay an entry fee, but it's impossible to do it with PayPal - and the really frustrating thing is that the competition has no alternative means of payment. If I can't find a way of fixing this I'm going to close my account. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Katecandykane
Tried that and it didn’t change a thing even when I tried the “as a guest” option seems to be happening A LOT with aussies. Need you guys to check what’s happened in the past month for australians
Login to Me Too

Leslie229
Contributor
Contributor
Took me a while but I figured out the problem. If you have an account or card linked to your card that the merchant doesn’t allow PayPal will reject the transaction because of it. Simply unlink any cards and accounts before reattempting. It’s sure fix the issue.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.