this preapproved payments has been deactivated. To reactivate it, reset your PIN

heidi1025
Contributor
Contributor

I badly need some help. 

So I've been with Paypal for half a year and use my account for receiving payments. I was hired by an overseas international company and used this podium to receive my pay. It was just this January 10th that I received my first pay from the company and Paypal automatically placed a hold on my money. After communicating it with my Boss, he approved the payment and the "on-hold" balance was lifted. I tried using my Gcash account to withdraw since that is my usual process of doing it with the Teaching company I'm also working for - I'm a freelancer. Oddly though, there was a sudden restriction from Paypal for my preapproved payment with Gcash that goes: "To protect your account, this preapproved payments has been deactivated. To reactivate it, reset your PIN" I called Gcash multiple times and they verified that the problem was not with them at all. I need someone to look on this and have sent emails and even called PayPal for a resolution. None provided. Now I'm stuck with my bills since my salary is immovable. Had anyone encountered this before? I need help and hopefully ... answers. 

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@heidi1025

I would unlink GCash and try relinking it again. You'll have to go into your preapprroved payment profiles in account settings and delete or deactivate the one you have currently related to GCash before do the relinking process again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Crystylyn
Contributor
Contributor
It does not work in my PayPal. I tried twice unlinked and linking again but nothing change. It require me to change PIN to activate, but I can't find what PIN should i change...I actually change all the PIN but still nothing happen.
Login to Me Too

raphaelrd
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this exact same problem. Where can I find this link for the PIN change?

Login to Me Too

ggabriel1418
Contributor
Contributor
Still saying To protect your account, this preapproved payments has been deactivated. To reactivate it, reset your PIN.
Login to Me Too

sha2019
New Community Member

Hi, Heidi1025! May I ask if your issue with the flagged preapproved payments is now resolved? I'm a freelancer too and been transferring fund from paypal to gcash for almost a year now and never had this problem but now, since yesterday I am getting the same error as you are. I have contacted Gcash but I'm still having the same error. 

Login to Me Too

BryBry022412
Contributor
Contributor

Same here help please.

Login to Me Too

wrecking15
New Community Member

same here 😞

To protect your account, this preapproved payments has been deactivated. To reactivate it, reset your PIN.

Login to Me Too

tammymayo

Same problem. 😞 Don't we have any solution for this? 😞

Login to Me Too

therkaye
Contributor
Contributor

I think the problem is with gcash. I tried re installing gcash before and it somehow work but now it doesn't work i can't really find a solution to this I also tried deletend pre approved payments and re adding it but nothing works.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.