someone help please

Ch3vy333
New Community Member
so I sent a friend money not realizing she didn't have a pay pal account now she can't receive it and. I can't get it back it's already completed
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ch3vy333 

If your friend has no PayPal account then the transaction status should be Unclaimed or Pending with a Cancel link. Otherwise, the email address or phone number you sent the money to is registered to a PayPal account because you say the status is Completed. Contact the recipient and request a refund. Click the transaction for the recipient’s contact info.

Can I cancel a PayPal payment?

If the payment is already completed
You can't cancel a payment you’ve sent if its status shows "Completed" in your Activity. However, you can contact the recipient/seller to request a refund within 180 days of making your payment.

If you didn't make this payment, please report this unauthorized transaction in the Resolution Center. If there are other issues with this payment, such as you didn't receive the items or services you paid for, or the related eBay auction was canceled, you can open a dispute in the Resolution Center and communicate directly with the seller.

If the payment is unclaimed or still pending
You can only cancel a pending payment that has a "Cancel" link next to it in your Activity. These payments will be in the "Unclaimed" status, meaning that the recipient hasn't received or accepted it. You won't be able to cancel a pending payment that doesn't have a "Cancel" link. In this case, you may try to contact the recipient/seller to make other arrangements.

If the payment you sent is pending for 30 days, it'll be canceled automatically and refunded to the payment method you used to send the payment. If you cancel a payment you just sent from your bank, please allow 3-5 business days for the money to appear in your bank account.

Here's how to cancel a pending or unclaimed payment:

1. On the Activity page, locate the pending payment.
  2. Click Cancel.
  3. On the next page, click Cancel Payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.