setting up automatic payments

Burabb
Contributor
Contributor

I have attempted to set automatic payments but Paypal seems to only allow me to make a minimum payment or to pay entire balance at once.  I wish to set up equal monthly payments of a different amount. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click Make a payment.
  4. Click Automatic payments.
  5. Select the amount to pay each month.
  6. Select the payment method.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Review your payment details and click Agree and Schedule Payments.

Note: your payment will process on your payment due date each month.

If you haven’t linked your accounts yet, you won’t be able to schedule automatic payments. To link your accounts, visit www.paypalcredit.com.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click Make a payment.
  4. Click Automatic payments.
  5. Select the amount to pay each month.
  6. Select the payment method.
  7. Click Continue.
  8. Review your payment details and click Agree and Schedule Payments.

Note: your payment will process on your payment due date each month.

If you haven’t linked your accounts yet, you won’t be able to schedule automatic payments. To link your accounts, visit www.paypalcredit.com.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Burabb
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that answer. However I finally got a PayPal agent on the phone and was informed that there were only two options available.  1. Pay the minimum.  2. Pay entire balance. I assume that they do not want you to pay it off in the promoted 6 months, no interest manner, and there fore do not offer a automated payment for other than described above.

I did however make 6 payments with post dated transactions. This was tedious as I had to go thru the several steps for every transaction. I give PayPal a thumbs down for this set up..

Login to Me Too

jam_
Contributor
Contributor

This is NOT SOLVED. The accepted solution instructions from @sharpiemarker are false as those options do not exist.

As the original post states, there are only 2 options after clicking "Set up automatic payments":

1. Minimum Payment Due
  2. Last Statement Balance

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.36.45 AM.png

Every other credit card website has an option for the consumer to input another payment value of their choosing. Why does Paypal Credit not have this available?

Login to Me Too

LM45
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with @jam_ : the two options that are offered are unsatisfactory. I would expect PayPal to offer its Customers better service than other credit companies, not this sub-par option that makes it difficult to manage promotional payments.

PayPal Credit/Synchrony Bank needs to upgrade their options for managing automatic payments to allow the choice of any amount over the minimum.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.