sent money to an annoyed customers old email address

matrix100

hi, I have a customer who is beyond annoying and I refunded them using the paypal email that was on my list from a previous transaction where they paid me a year ago. they have got back to me to say that is no longer their email and to resend to the new email. problem is, I cant get my funds back from the old email to resend, I used friends and family to avoid them getting any charges and get more grief. 

if they legitimately no longer have that old email to add back on to their paypal, have my funds been lost?

I understand it can happen, I too, have had to change my email on paypal as the old one was through an internet supplier that I left. just wondering if any funds to me using my old email would also end up lost!

thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@matrix100 

What is the status on the payment? Pending and Unclaimed? Or completed?

When a payment status is at "Pending' and "Unclaimed", then the funds are returned to you automatically after 30 days unclaimed because the old email address is no longer registered to a PayPal account. If status is listed as "completed", that money went to a PayPal account still associated with that old email address so the recipient has to log onto that PayPal account to access the money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

matrix100

thanks for replying, my phone just says 'money sent'. Should it say any more?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.