sent item but no payment

phillips543
New Community Member
I have sold an item and been paid via PayPal. I have sent proof of postage etc. The buyer has received the item. I have emails from PayPal to say the buyer has paid the amount etc. I have no balance on my PayPal account. PayPal keep emailing to say the payment will be in my account but this has been going on for 5 days. The seller is then saying they sent the money wrong through a Netflix gift card? But I need to pay for it to be rectified to then receive my money for the item sold. I can't get through to anyone over the phone at paypal. I hope someone can contact me to sort this...
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phillips543 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment via amazon or ebay gift cards or itunes vouchers.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danni1012
Contributor
Contributor
What did you end up doing? Did you get the money for the item sent?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.