send money using Paypal Credit

hansaben
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to send money using Paypal credit available for me. But the option does not show up. Is that because I opened the account just yesterday?!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey hansaben,

The time frame of how long the account is open isn't necessarily what establishes a history, although it helps. This history is based on your purchases, meaning making smaller, more consistent purchases will create a history, and should allow larger transfers in the future. You can also give the system a day or so to reset without any payment attempts and this may help our security reset and allow the payment.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi hansaben,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

PayPal Credit can be used to purchase items with certain large merchants and seller's on eBay. It is not available when using the "Send Money" option unless the merchant has signed up to receive PayPal Credit payments.

PayPal Credit cannot be used to send personal payments to family or friends. 

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

hansaben
Contributor
Contributor

But this information conflicts with the article below. Maybe it needs to be updated to state the limitations for sending money for personal payments. 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/can-i-use-paypal-credit-to-send-money-faq2862

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi hansaben,

Sorry for the confusion - sending personal payments using PayPal Credit is not available in countries besides the U.S., so you're correct, it is an option if your account is registered in the U.S. 

If you are located in the U.S. and you don't have the option to use your PayPal Credit to send personal payments, it's possible that this is due to the age of the account, and our internal security. You'll want to establish history on the account and potentially adding other funding sources as backup payment methods in order to complete personal payments using your PayPal Credit. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

hansaben
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ashley for the correction. Yes, my account is only few days old and I was wondering if I can try this Paypal feature to send money. I have verified my bank and linked other cards as well. So far none of which works to send money. When you mentioned the age of the account, do you know the specifics? Is it days ,months ,years??

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey hansaben,

The time frame of how long the account is open isn't necessarily what establishes a history, although it helps. This history is based on your purchases, meaning making smaller, more consistent purchases will create a history, and should allow larger transfers in the future. You can also give the system a day or so to reset without any payment attempts and this may help our security reset and allow the payment.

- Ashley M

Login to Me Too

hansaben
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.