seller non paypal account

Yellowshadow
Contributor
Contributor

hi Community need help

i purchased a item via ebay and paid using paypal, but have found out that the seller does not have a paypal account.

therefore the funds are static and i can not purchase any further goods when i select payment via paypal i log in and it just circulars payment not going through.

Any ideas how i get round this please

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yellowshadow 

If its pending / unclaimed WITH a cancel option then cancel it.

If its pending / unclaimed WITHOUT a cancel option then it will time out at 30 days and the funds returned to you.

However IF the seller opens a paypal account with the same email address that you sent the funds to and verified that email address on his paypal account then the payment would complete.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yellowshadow 

Were you able to complete payment the first time? 

If not, ask seller for an email address to send a goods and services payment to and they will receive a PayPal email about receiving a payment and how to sign up for a PayPal account to claim the money. Then seller update order status to Payment Received on eBay.

How is one going to sell on eBay and not have a paypal account or set up a way to receive payments. It's incredible

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Yellowshadow
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal accept the full payment and the payment as left my account 

On the summary  recent activity  stats pending payment (hasn`t accepted payment).

But like you say with out a paypal account how can he accept payment.

So i will email him to advise that he needs to sign up for a paypal account.

Thanks again for your help

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yellowshadow 

If its pending / unclaimed WITH a cancel option then cancel it.

If its pending / unclaimed WITHOUT a cancel option then it will time out at 30 days and the funds returned to you.

However IF the seller opens a paypal account with the same email address that you sent the funds to and verified that email address on his paypal account then the payment would complete.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.