retract the payment/cancel it?

khuloud1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! On January 3rd, 2020 I send the amount 750 GBP to someone. However, this account doesn't use PayPal to send and receive money. She received a notification about the payment. While she has been notified about the payment, the money hasn't landed in her account as she hasn't connected her email address to her business PP account. I don't want to send the money anymore. Is it possible you can retract the payment/cancel it? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khuloud1 

If its saying 'sent' then its gone as a friends/family payment and has successfully completed to an email address that is linked to a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khuloud1 

What does it say next to the transaction in your paypal account ie payment or sent OR unclaimed/pending???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

khuloud1
Contributor
Contributor

It says money sent. Thanks for your swift reply. 

Login to Me Too

khuloud1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  hi! Is there any update regarding this subject? How can I get the money back to my account? I'd greatly appreciate your help. Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khuloud1 

If its saying 'sent' then its gone as a friends/family payment and has successfully completed to an email address that is linked to a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

khuloud1
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Great! Now how can I get the money back? The received account didn’t accept the notification. So, the money hasn’t landed in her account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@khuloud1 

It must have been accepted, if it wasn't it would have said pending/unclaimed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.