refunded but not received

stillwaitingi
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from a private buyer who agreed a refund this was taken from their bank account via an e cheque but has not been applied to either my bank account or PayPal account it just shows as pending rang e bay as PayPal says e bay the problem tried to contact PayPal but cannot speak to real person all I get is it will take a bit longer 10 working days this is ridiculous as cheques do not take 10 days to clear, I was promised the original payment would not be taken from my bank account IT WAS  what can i do to get my money anyone know how to speak to a REAL person

?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stillwaitingi 

Echeques take up to 10 working days in the UK.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-has-my-payment-been-sent-as-an-echeque-faq962?app=se...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stillwaitingi
Contributor
Contributor

it is 10 days since it showed a pending and still shows as pending i have contacted e bay twice but i really don't know what else i can do both e bay and PayPal keep passing the buck

I feel really cross over this

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stillwaitingi 

10 working days is not the same as 10 calendar days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stillwaitingi
Contributor
Contributor

I am aware it is 10 working days and that is different to 10 days however it is 10 Working Days it has been pending 12 days in total counting weekend

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.